Available with Production Mapping license.
Points are the simplest features to create. Simply click a point template in the Create Features window and the Point tool is automatically activated. Click the map where you want to add the point. You can right-click the map or use snapping to help you create points at exact locations.
- Start ArcMap.
- Load data in the map if necessary.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Editing.
- Click the Production Start Editing button on the Production Editing toolbar.
- Click the Create tab on the Manage Features window.
- Click a composite template with only point layers on the Create tab on the Manage Features window.
- Click the Coincident Points button on the Create tab.
In most cases, the Coincident Points tool is automatically activated when you choose the composite template.
- Optionally, use snapping to help you create points at exact locations relative to other features.
- Click the map to create the points.
The points are created on your map and are selected.