Available with Production Mapping license.
To create new geometries from existing features, you may need to create polygons based on lines calculated by other functions. The Convert Polylines To Polygon tool allows you to do this using selected lines without deleting the original line features.
- Start ArcMap.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Editing.
- On the menu bar, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Feature Builder.
- Click the Feature Builder button on the Production Feature Builder toolbar.
The Feature Builder window appears.
- Verify that the feature builder scratch dataset is loaded in your map.
- Click the Production Start Editing button on the Production Editing toolbar.
- Choose the feature builder scratch database as your editing workspace.
- Select the polylines to include in the polygon.
- Click the Convert Polylines To Polygon button on the Production Feature Builder toolbar.
A new polygon is created using the selected line geometries in the scratch workspace.