Available with Production Mapping license.
Another way to retrieve coordinates is to transfer them between the Input and Output tabs in the Coordinates area. The transfer, however, works only one way: from the Output tab to the Input tab. This functionality works only when the grid on the Output tab has at least one row of coordinates available in it.
- Start ArcMap.
- On the menu bar, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Feature Builder.
- Click the Feature Builder button on the Production Feature Builder toolbar.
The Feature Builder window appears.
- Choose a function in the list on the Functions tab that produces at least one set of coordinates as output.
Functions that can be used are as follows:
- Arc (Azimuth and End Point)
- Arc (Azimuths)
- Bearing Distance (Great Circle)
- Bearing Distance (Magnetic)
- Bearing Distance (Rhumbline)
- Bearing Intersection
- Circle Bearing Intersection
- Circle Circle Intersection
- Circle Section
- Segment Bearing
- Segment Distance
- Segment Segment Intersect
- Define coordinates on the Input tab using any of the following methods:
- Click the Execute button .
- Verify that the Output tab coordinates grid in the Coordinates area has at least one set of coordinates in it.
- If the output is not null, select the row on the Input tab coordinates grid to which you would like to transfer the coordinates from the Output tab grid.
- Click the Output tab.
- Select the row header for the row that contains the coordinates you want to transfer to the Input tab.