Available with Production Mapping license.
One reason a composite template may be displayed as incomplete is because one of the layers that contains a feature template used in the composite template has not been added to the table of contents. This can be fixed by adding the missing layer to the table of contents.
Use this method to fix the incomplete template if you can access the missing layer.
- Start ArcMap.
- Load data in the map if necessary.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Editing.
- Click the Production Start Editing button on the Production Editing toolbar.
- Click the Create tab on the Manage Features window.
- Double-click a composite template on the Create tab on the Manage Features window.
The Composite Templates Properties dialog box appears and shows the list of templates used in the composite template.
The same red symbol appears next to the templates that are not loaded or visible in the table of contents.
- Identify the layer that contains the missing feature template.
- Click OK.
- Click the Add Data button on the Standard toolbar.
The Add Data dialog box appears.
- Navigate to the layer file that contains the missing feature template.
- Click Add.