Available with Production Mapping license.
The Multi-Dimensional Intersect tool planarizes geometries so that they are split at all intersections. Polygon geometries are converted to polylines. If points are included in the selection, then the line is split at any point that is within the snapping tolerance.
- Start ArcMap.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Editing.
- On the menu bar, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Feature Builder.
- Click the Feature Builder button on the Production Feature Builder toolbar.
The Feature Builder window appears.
- Verify that the feature builder scratch dataset is loaded in your map.
- Click the Production Start Editing button on the Production Editing toolbar.
- Choose the feature builder scratch database as your editing workspace.
- Click OK.
- Select a feature builder geometry.
The geometry should be a line or polygon.
- Click the Multi-dimensional Intersect button on the Production Feature Builder toolbar.
A series of line segments are created.