Available with Production Mapping license.
In this tutorial you will use the product library to create, store, and manage map products. You will customize a map by creating grids and graticule layers, applying visual specifications, and making cartographic edits. You will also add a graphic table element to the layout and export your map.
The tutorial data can be accessed from ArcGIS.com.
The following software must be installed:
- ArcGIS Desktop—Standard or Advanced
- ArcGIS Production Mapping
The tutorial is divided into a series of exercises.
- Exercise 1 introduces you to the product library. You will explore an existing product library and add new map products. You will also check out a product to work with.
- Exercise 2 teaches you how to customize the map by creating a grid using the Make Grids and Graticules Layer geoprocessing tool.
- Exercise 3 shows you how to apply representations configured using visual specifications. You will also learn how to customize visual specification rules.
- Exercise 4 teaches you how to perform cartographic edits on the data by modifying the representations of features.
- Exercise 5 allows you to customize the layout of the map by adding a graphic table element.
- Exercise 6 shows you how to complete the cartographic process by exporting the final map product. During this exercise you will also check the map back into the product library and add the exported map product. This exercise also introduces you to some of the file management capabilities of the product library.