Available with Production Mapping license.
Merge Cells allows you to select and merge two or more adjacent cells in a row or column without comparing values, formats, or cell properties. When cells with different content are merged, the cell selected first becomes the main cell containing the content from the first cell.
Unmerge Cells allows you to unmerge a cell previously merged from two or more cells, including those merged using Automerge Table. The cell will be unmerged into the same number of cells you previously selected to merge, but only the cell selected first from the previous merge will contain the content of the main cell after the unmerge. The remaining cells resulting from the unmerge will be empty.
- Start ArcMap.
- Verify that you are in layout view if necessary.
- Right-click the graphic table element and click Properties.
The Table Properties dialog box appears.
- Click the Table Format tab if necessary.
The Table Format dialog box appears.
- Click Table Design.
A Table Design dialog box appears, depending on the table format.
- Do one of the following:
- To merge cells, select and right-click two or more cells in a row or column in the Table Layout area and choose Merge Cells.
- To unmerge a cell, select and right-click the cell in the Table Layout area and choose Unmerge Cells.