Available with Production Mapping license.
The Reshape Feature tool allows you to create a new sketch to replace an existing feature's shape. Features can be selected and reshaped individually. The geometry selected must be a polygon or polyline, and the new sketch must touch the existing feature in two places.
For example, you may need to change the shape of a river or road because the river's course has changed slightly or the road has been diverted. The feature can be reshaped based on the points you digitize on the map.
- Start ArcMap.
- Load data in the map if necessary.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Editing.
- Click the Production Start Editing button on the Production Editing toolbar.
- Select the line or polygon feature you want to reshape using the Select Features tool on the Tools toolbar or the Edit tool on the Production Editing toolbar.
- Click the Reshape Feature tool on the Production Editing toolbar.
- Drag to draw a sketch that represents the new shape of the selected feature.
The drawing must cross the existing feature's shape in two places.
- Double-click the end node to finish the sketch.