Available with Production Mapping license.
It may be necessary to remove an area of interest (AOI) from instances on a product if it becomes obsolete as your working environment changes for a project. You might also find that duplicate areas of interest are assigned to the same instance.
Removing an area of interest only removes the area of interest from the instance with which it is associated; it does not delete the feature from the area of interest feature class.
- Start ArcMap.
- If necessary, open the Product Library window by clicking Customize > Production > Product Library on the main menu.
A tree view of the product library appears.
- If necessary, enable the Remove AOI command.
- Expand Product Library and Products.
- Navigate to the area of interest you want to remove from the instance.
- Right-click the area of interest in the product library and click Remove AOI.
The Remove AOI dialog box appears and asks if you are sure you want to remove the AOI.
- Click Yes to remove the AOI.
The area of interest is no longer associated with the instance.