Available with Production Mapping license.
You can select and rename table fields during table field editing. However, fields that are mapped to a data source cannot be renamed; only new fields created can be renamed.
- Start ArcMap.
- Verify that you are in layout view if necessary.
- Right-click the graphic table element and click Properties.
The Table Properties dialog box appears.
- If necessary, click the Table Fields tab.
The Table Fields tab appears.
- Right-click a Name or Alias cell and click Rename.
- Type the new name for the field.
- Press ENTER.