Available with Production Mapping license.
You can use the Reshape Representation tool to edit representation geometry. Reshaping a selected polygon or polyline results in a shape override. An override is an exception to a representation rule for an individual feature.
Representations can only be reshaped if the Store change to geometry as representation overrides option is enabled on the Representation Properties dialog box. If the Change geometry of the supporting feature option is enabled, you can only reshape the representation with editing tools because the underlying geometry of the feature is modified along with the representation.
- Start ArcMap.
- Load data in the map if necessary.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Cartography Editing.
- If necessary, start editing.
- Verify that you have representations in your target feature class.
- Select a feature to select the representation you want to reshape.
- Click the Reshape Representation button on the Production Cartography Editing toolbar.
- Click to draw a sketch that represents the new representation shape of the selected feature.
- Double-click the end node to finish the sketch.
The representation is reshaped.