A data source entry whose status is unknown displays with the Unknown icon in the Dataset Editor tree. To check data source status, you can use the Open Connection command.
The following steps describe how to use this command:
- Edit your schematic dataset within Schematic Dataset Editor.
- If the schematic dataset resources are not arranged in a tree view in the Schematic Items window, click Views in the Schematic Dataset Editor toolbar and click Project Tree.
- Expand the Data Sources main entry in Dataset Editor tree.
- Click the data source you want to open.
- Click the Open Connection button at the left top corner of its related Properties tab.
Schematic Dataset Editor tries to open the data source. Then, its related icon automatically changes:
- Either the data source opens correctly, and its icon changes to , or
- Schematic Dataset Editor didn't succeed in opening it, and the icon changes to
To get the status of all the data sources referenced in a schematic dataset since the schematic dataset loaded, you can also activate the Open data source connections running mode by clicking Preferences > Open data source connections on the Schematic Dataset Editor menu. The next time the schematic dataset is loaded within Schematic Dataset Editor, the status for all the data sources in the schematic dataset will be automatically checked.