Available with Network Analyst license.
The ArcGIS Network Analyst extension extension allows you to solve common network problems, such as finding the best route across a city, finding the closest emergency vehicle or facility, identifying a service area around a location, or servicing a set of orders with a fleet of vehicles. Networks used by the ArcGIS Network Analyst extension are stored as network datasets that incorporate an advanced connectivity model representing complex scenarios, such as multimodal transportation networks.
Schematic diagram generation and updating are managed by Schematics builders. When working with network datasets, you can generate diagrams using one of the two following builders:
- Standard builder—Generate schematic diagrams from any set of network elements selected in the map that references your network dataset elements.
- Network Dataset builder—Generate schematic diagrams from any network analysis layer containing a performed route, closest facility, service area, or vehicle routing problem network analysis.
In this help book, you will learn more about schematic diagram generation and updating from solved network analysis layers—that is, about the generation and updating of diagrams based on the Network Dataset builder, the way this builder operates, and its particulars.
To configure your diagram template with the Network Dataset builder, you must use the Schematic Dataset Editor utility. Configuring the Network Dataset builder in the Schematic Dataset Editor Help system details the Network Dataset builder parameters and the steps required to configure your diagram template and make it work with this builder.
- Quick-start guide for configuring the Network Dataset builder
- How does the Network Dataset builder operate?
- Configuring the Network Dataset builder
- Generating a diagram based on the Network Dataset builder
- Updating a diagram based on the Network Dataset builder
- Changing reference version and launching the update