In Task Assistant Manager, you can associate ArcMap commands with a step in the workflow. The Task Manager Utilities category in the Command Item Editor contains commands that may be useful during workflow creation. Commands are associated with specific workflow steps and allow a specific function to occur when you run that step in the task assistant workflow.
The Activate Contents View command allows you to activate a view in the ArcMap table of contents when a user executes a step in the task assistant workflow. This changes the current view of the table of contents, even if the Table of Contents window is not displayed in ArcMap.
- Start ArcMap.
- If necessary, click the Task Assistant button on the Task Manager toolbar to display the Task Assistant window.
- Open a task assistant workflow.
- Click to select the step to configure in the Task Assistant window.
- Click the Designer tab.
- Click the cell next to Commands and click the ellipsis (...) that appears.
The Command Item Editor dialog box appears.
- In the Categories list, click the Task Manager Utilities category.
- Double-click the Activate Table of Contents View command.
The Activate Table of Contents View command is listed in the Selected Command area.
- Click the Command Parameters button .
The Command Parameters dialog box appears.
- Click the Choose the contents view to be activated drop-down arrow and choose the table of contents view you want to be activated.
- List By Drawing Order—Displays the layers based on the order in which they appear in the map
- List By Selection—Displays the layers based on whether they are selectable or not
- List By Source—Displays the layers based on their data sources
- List By Visibility—Displays the layers based on their visibility in the map
- Click OK.
- Click OK to close the Command Item Editor dialog box.