A step description contains information that can help another user understand the purpose and function of the step. You can enter information such as what occurs when the step is clicked or what occurs after a step is executed. Text that is input in the Description field is displayed on the Help tab, when you hover over the step in the tree view, and when the step is executed.
You can type directly into the Description field or click the ellipsis (...) and format the text using the Description Editor dialog box. On the Description Editor dialog box, you have several tools that allow you to customize the appearance of the text.
- Start ArcMap.
- If necessary, click the Task Assistant button on the Task Manager toolbar to display the Task Assistant window.
- Open a task assistant workflow.
- Click to select the step to configure in the Task Assistant window.
- Click the Designer tab.
- Type a description of the step in the Description text box using one of the following options:
- Click the cell next to Description and type a description of the step.
- Click the ellipsis (...) that appears in the Description cell. The Please Enter a Description dialog box appears, which supports text and text formatting.
- Press ENTER.