Once a workflow node has been added, other steps can then be added and configured. New steps can be added directly beneath a currently highlighted node or as the last step of a highlighted workflow node. Steps can be promoted (moved up) or demoted (moved down) in the Task Assistant window.
For each step, the Task Assistant file stores the following:
- The step name
- ArcMap configuration information such as layer visibility or feature templates
- Commands to execute (such as enabling the Zoom In tool)
- Node style
For more information about step configuration, see Introducing the Designer tab.
- Start ArcMap.
- If necessary, click the Task Assistant button on the Task Manager toolbar to display the Task Assistant window.
- Open a task assistant workflow.
- Click the New Step button on the Task Assistant window.
A new step appears in the Task Assistant window.
- Click to select the new step.
- If necessary, click any of the step management tools on the Task Assistant window to place the step at the level you want.
- To name the new step, right-click the new step in the Task Assistant window and click Rename Step.
The step name becomes editable.
- Type a new step name.
- Press the ENTER key.