The node styles provide a way for the step to be visually represented in the task assistant window. Styles allow you to alter the font color, bold, or italics settings of the step text or to assign images to steps. You can add and modify custom node styles using the Style Manager. You can leverage node styles to convey additional information about steps by changing the image or font style used.
For a complete description of creating and choosing a node style, see Style Manager.
- Start ArcMap.
- If necessary, click the Task Assistant button on the Task Manager toolbar to display the Task Assistant window.
- Open a task assistant workflow.
- Click to select the step to configure in the Task Assistant window.
- Click the Designer tab.
- Click the cell next to Node Style and click the ellipsis (...) that appears.
The Node Style Item Editor dialog box appears.
- Click the Select a Style drop-down arrow and choose the node style you want to use for this step.
- Click OK.