In this exercise, you will learn how to distribute the task assistant workflow. You can also include any data files referenced by the map document, such as file geodatabases.
- Start Windows Explorer and navigate to the location of your saved task assistant workflow, ArcMap document, and style file.
- Use the usual methods available to you to package and distribute these files to another user, for example, a ZIP file or installation executable.
- Associate the workflow with the MXD on the target machine using one of the following methods:
- On the user (target) machine, associate the task assistant workflow with the MXD as described in the Associate the task assistant workflow with the MXD section in Exercise 9: Saving and associating workflows.
- Use the Configuration Manager utility on the user (target) machine to associate the task assistant workflow with the MXD.
Custom styles will be automatically loaded into the user (target) machine when the workflow file is opened.
The task assistant workflow is now ready for execution by a Task Assistant user.