In Task Assistant Manager, you can associate ArcMap commands with a step in the workflow. The Task Manager Utilities category in the Command Item Editor contains commands that may be useful during workflow creation. Commands are associated with specific workflow steps and allow a specific function to occur when you run that step in the task assistant workflow.
With the Hide Toolbar(s) command, specified toolbars disappear from ArcMap when a user executes a step in the task assistant workflow. For example, you can hide the Versioning toolbar if the working version has already been selected.
The Hide Toolbar(s) command will work with both ArcGIS Desktop and any custom toolbars.
- Start ArcMap.
- If necessary, click the Task Assistant button on the Task Manager toolbar to display the Task Assistant window.
- Open a task assistant workflow.
- Click to select the step to configure in the Task Assistant window.
- Click the Designer tab.
- Click the cell next to Commands and click the ellipsis (...) that appears.
The Command Item Editor dialog box appears.
- In the Categories list, click the Task Manager Utilities category.
- Double-click the Hide Toolbar(s) command.
The Hide Toolbar(s) command is included in the Selected Commands list.
- Click the Command Parameters button .
The Command Parameters dialog box appears.
- From the toolbars list, choose the toolbars you want to hide when the step is executed.
Hold the CTRL key to choose multiple toolbars.
- Click OK.
- Click OK to close the Command Item Editor dialog box.