Snapping properties can be configured to help streamline a workflow for the end user.
- Start ArcMap.
- If necessary, click the Task Assistant button on the Task Manager toolbar to display the Task Assistant window.
- Open a task assistant workflow.
- Click to select the step to configure in the Task Assistant window.
- Click the Designer tab.
- Click the cell next to Snapping and click the ellipsis (...) that appears.
The Snapping Item Editor dialog box appears.
- Highlight each snapping setting that needs to be configured.
- Click the drop-down arrow in the cell next to the setting and choose an appropriate value.
- On—Enables the snapping setting if it is not enabled on the Snapping toolbar or window
- Off—Disables the snapping setting if it is enabled on the Snapping toolbar or window
- Unchanged—Leaves the snapping setting as-is on the Snapping toolbar or window
- If you want to set all snap settings to the same value , do the following:
- Check the Set All check box.
- Click the drop-down arrow and choose a value.
- Click Set to apply the settings.
- Click OK.