The Task Assistant Manager allows you to specify the active data frame for a step. During step execution, you may want to direct a user to perform tasks in another data frame. By configuring the active data frame for a step, you can streamline the workflow for the user.
- Start ArcMap.
- If necessary, click the Task Assistant button on the Task Manager toolbar to display the Task Assistant window.
- Open a task assistant workflow.
- Click to select the step to configure in the Task Assistant window.
- Click the Designer tab.
- Click the cell next to Data Frame and click the drop-down arrow that appears.
- Choose the data frame to use as the active frame.