At any time, you can choose to evaluate ArcGIS Desktop extensions that you have not purchased. The evaluation is free of charge for a fixed period of time.
You must first install the extensions, then authorize them. If you do not have the extension you want to evaluate installed, you should rerun your setup.exe program and choose the option to modify your installation, then select the extensions to install. After installing the appropriate extensions, you can evaluate the extensions via one of the methods described in this topic.
Some extensions can be authorized for evaluation using your single-use ArcGIS Desktop authorization file. Other extensions, and all extensions authorized with a concurrent-use license, require evaluation authorization numbers, which can be requested from Esri Customer Service or your local Esri distributor.
ArcGIS Desktop extensions that can be authorized for evaluation with a single-use ArcGIS Desktop license
You can evaluate the following ArcGIS Desktop extensions during the regular authorization process if you are using a single-use license:
- ArcGIS 3D Analyst extension
- ArcGIS Data Interoperability
- ArcGIS Data Reviewer
- ArcGIS Geostatistical Analyst
- ArcGIS Network Analyst extension
- ArcGIS Publisher
- ArcGIS Schematics
- ArcGIS Spatial Analyst extension
- ArcGIS Tracking Analyst
- ArcGIS Workflow Manager (Classic)
To enable these extensions for evaluation, use the Software Authorization Wizard.
- Start the Software Authorization Wizard from the ArcGIS Administrator found at Start > Programs > ArcGIS > ArcGIS Administrator.
- Click the Desktop folder in the ArcGIS Administrator.
- Choose one of the Single Use product licenses.
- Click Authorize Now.
This opens the Software Authorization Wizard.
- Follow the instructions in the wizard to provide your ArcGIS Desktop authorization.
- When you get to the Authorize Software Extensions panel, you can type the evaluation authorization numbers you received from Esri Customer Service (if you have any) for the extensions in the second list in this topic.
- When you get to the Evaluate Software Extensions panel, you can choose to evaluate any of the extensions in the first list in this topic.
- Complete the steps in the wizard to authorize the software and extensions.
For more information about adding extensions after initial installation, see Adding additional installation features
ArcGIS Desktop extensions that require evaluation authorization numbers
The following extensions can be evaluated by ordering evaluation authorization numbers from Esri Customer Service (US customers) or your Esri distributor (international customers):
- ArcGIS Aviation
- ArcGIS Bathymetry
- ArcGIS Defense Mapping
- ArcGIS Maritime
- ArcGIS Pipeline Referencing
- ArcGIS Production Mapping
- ArcGIS Roads and Highways
You must request evaluation authorization for these extensions whether you have a single-use or concurrent-use ArcGIS Desktop license.
Ordering evaluation authorization numbers for extensions
To order evaluation authorization numbers for extensions for the ArcGIS Desktop concurrent-use and specified single-use products:
Duration of evaluation period
Once you have registered the ArcGIS Desktop extensions, you have a fixed period of time to evaluate them. The evaluation begins once you have completed the authorization process for the ArcGIS Desktop extensions. If you are registering by e-mail, fax, or mail, the evaluation period begins when you initially contact Esri. The evaluation period cannot be extended.