Endpoint Arc allows you to specify the start and endpoints of the curve, then define a radius for the curve. This is particularly useful in sketching culs-de-sac, where the beginning and ending points of the arc, as well as the radius of the cul-de-sac, are known.
To use Endpoint Arc, click to place the start point, click again to construct the endpoint, and then move the pointer. To specify a radius, click the map or press R and type the radius value.
- These steps can be used to create vertices in either lines or polygons:
To create a vertex in a line
Click a line feature template in the Create Features window and click the Line tool .
To create a vertex in a polygon
Click a polygon feature template in the Create Features window and click the Polygon tool .
- Click Endpoint Arc on the Editor toolbar construction method palette.
- Click the start point of the arc.
- Click the endpoint of the arc.
- Move the pointer to show the approximate radius for the curve.
- Specify the radius using one of the following methods:
- Click the map.
- Press the R key and type the radius for the curve.