You can reshape a line to reflect a change, align with another line or polygon, or match an object in an image. For example, a line representing a sidewalk can be updated to match a road's edge of pavement line after the road is widened.
- Click the Edit tool on the Editor toolbar.
- Select the line you want to reshape.
- Click the Reshape Feature tool on the Editor toolbar.
- Click Trace on the Editor toolbar palette.
- Click the line or polygon edge you want to use to update the shape of the original line and trace along it. If you want to add an offset, right-click, click Trace Options, and enter an offset value. You might use an offset when updating road curb lines by tracing new road centerlines.
- Make sure that the sketch intersects or completely crosses the selected line at least two times so the reshaping can be completed.
- When you are finished tracing and creating the shape of the feature, double-click to finish the sketch.