A SnapTip is a small piece of text that pops up to indicate the layer you are snapped to and with which snap type (edge, end, vertex, and so on). You can set the text symbol (font, color, size, and so on) for SnapTips and whether the text includes the layer name, snap agent type, or both.
- Click the Snapping menu on the Snapping toolbar and click Options.
- Check the Show tips box to turn on SnapTips.
- Check Layer name so the tip will include the name of the layer to which you are snapped.
- Check Snap type so the tip will include the active snap agent (edge, end, vertex, and so on).
- Check Background so the SnapTip has a solid background. This can be useful when working over imagery.
- Click the Text symbol button to set the color, font, size, and other properties for the tip text.
- Click OK.