The raster type templates are used so ArcGIS knows what type of data you are adding to a mosaic dataset, and how to process the data. When adding raster data to a mosaic dataset, you can use the system templates, or you can specify your own custom template. Custom templates can be used when you want to add your data to your mosaic dataset, and the system templates are not sufficient for your workflow.
- Open the Add Rasters to Mosaic Dataset tool.
- Verify or enter the path and name of the mosaic dataset to which the data will be added.
- For the Raster Type parameter, click the Browse button .
- Click the Functions tab.
- Right-click the Processing Templates node and click Add.
A New item template node is created.
- Right-click the New item template node that was created and click Load.
- Browse to the raster function template (*.rft.xml) file you want to use and click Open.
- Optionally, you can rename your New item template node.
- Click the General tab.
In the Processing Template drop-down list, make sure that your custom template is chosen.
- Click OK to save the edits made to the Raster Type Properties.
- For the Input Data parameter, click the Browse button and choose the workspace with the raster datasets you want to add to the mosaic dataset.
- Complete the rest of the tool and click OK to add your rasters.