There are various ways to select features in ArcMap. One way is to select features through an attribute table. From a table, you can interactively select records by pointing at them, or you can select those records that meet some criteria; for example, find all cities with a population greater than one million.
To select records using an attribute query, follow these steps:
- Click Table Options in the table you want to query and click Select By Attributes .
- Click the Method arrow and click the selection procedure you want to use.
- Double-click the field from which you want to select.
- Click the logical operator you want to use.
- Click the Get Unique Values button, then scroll to and double-click the value you want from the Unique Values list.
Optionally, you can type a value directly into the text box.
- Click Verify to verify your selection.
- Click Apply to update the selection.
- Click Close.