Animations can be exported to an Audio Video Interleaved (.avi) file.
- Click the Animation drop-down arrow and click Export animation.
- Click the Save in drop-down arrow and choose a location.
- In the File name text box, type the name of the video file you want to create.
- Confirm the Save as type is set to AVI (*.avi).
Sequential images is another animation export option but does not output a video file.
- Optionally, click Options to access additional export properties including frame rate and video quality properties.
- Click Export. The Video Compression window appears. Choose the compressor and compression quality you want to use.
Learn more about the compression properties. The two most important compression properties to consider while exporting videos are the following:
- Picking the right codec for applying compression to the output videos.
- Specifying the frame rate of the output video. The frame rate defines how many frames are captured in one second of the output video.
- Click OK.
A video file of the given name and type is created in the specified location.
If at any point during the export process you need to cancel, press and hold the Esc key to cancel the video export. You need to hold the key until the export cancels.