- Click the Add Data button in ArcMap, ArcScene, or ArcGlobe to add the layers or group layer that you want to animate.
- Click the Animation drop-down arrow and click Create Group Animation.
- Optionally choose a base name for tracks.
You are provided with a default name for the tracks, but you can change it to something more meaningful.
- Optionally set the Begin time and End time parameters.
Setting these times allows you to determine when the group animation will play relative to other tracks that may exist.
- Choose a group layer.
You can click a single group layer or click Top-level layers to select all the layers in the table of contents.
- Optionally set the transitions.
These options help you determine how layers in an animation change from one to another. If you leave the Blend layers when fading option unchecked and just move the Fading transition slider, each layer will fade in and fade out separately. If you check Blend layers when fading and also move the slider, one layer will fade out, while the other layer fades in.
- Optionally uncheck Overwrite existing tracks with same name to add additional group animations.
- Click OK.