- Click the View menu, point to Graphs, then click Create Scatterplot Matrix Graph .
- Click the Layer/Table drop-down arrow and choose the layer or table containing the data values that are to be graphed.
- Choose the fields of values for plotting the scatterplot matrix. Click the Field control and choose one of the fields from the list. Repeat this for each field you
want to have in the graph.
- If you want to have all the fields in the source represented, click the Add all fields button.
- If you want to remove a field you don't want to use, select that and choose <remove> from the drop-down list.
- If you want to remove several fields, select them and click the Clear fields button.
- Optionally, use the Label control to alter the text that will be used as a description for the field. This is commonly used to make shorter versions of long field names.
- Change the appearance of the markers on the graph with the Color control.
- By default, the color of all the graphs match that of the source layer. If you want to apply a single color to each of the scatterplot matrix graph elements, set the Color control to Custom and choose the color to use with the color picker control.
- Change the appearance of the data points in the scatterplot with the Symbol Properties tabs. The Brush tab controls the size and shape of the points, and the Border tab controls the size, style, and color of the perimeter line of the points.
- Optionally, click Show Histograms to enable the display of the frequency distribution of values in each of the fields.
- If you choose to show histograms, specify a value for Number of bins. The sensitivity of the histograms depends on the number of bins specified.
- Click Next to proceed to the general properties page to specify some general properties of the scatterplot matrix.
- Optionally, choose Show only selected features/records on the graph to display only the selected features in your layer or table in the graph.
By default, all features or records are displayed in the graph.
- Specify the Title of the graph.
- Optionally, you can specify the Footer note on the graph.
- Click the Finish button to create the scatterplot matrix.