Pie charts are useful for illustrating how individual parts contribute to an overall whole set. They help when there are only a few categories. This map shows you the relative proportion of people in particular age classes by county. Younger age classes are shown in green.
- Right-click the layer you want to draw showing quantitative values using pie charts and click Properties.
- Click the Symbology tab on the Layer Properties dialog box.
- Click Charts and click Pie.
- Under Field Selection, click the numeric field(s) that you want to map. Then, use the arrow buttons to add and remove fields in the field list.
- Use the Color Scheme drop-down list to select the color ramp that you want to use.
- If you want to prevent overlapping charts, check the Prevent chart overlap box.
- Optionally, you can click the Exclusion button and use a SQL expression to exclude values (such as outliers).
- Click Size.
- Click OK.
You can double-click an individual symbol in the list to change its properties.