Available with Business Analyst license.
The Locator Report tool generates a report that will determine the proximity of locations to a given set of center points. For example, you can use this tool to illustrate the proximity of competitors to each store location. This report will list and display all the competitor locations that are closest to each store and allow you to examine their geographic patterns and distribution.
This can be displayed in two distinct ways:
- LIMIT WITHIN DISTANCE—Selects all the points that fall within a predefined distance. For example, you can list all the customers that are within five miles of each store location.
- LIMIT TO NEAREST LOCATIONS—Selects the closest xpoints to the store layer.
With the Locator Report tool, distance can be calculated by the following methods:
- DRIVE_DISTANCE—Calculates distance based on driving distance.
- DRIVE_TIME—Calculates distance based on drive time.
- STRAIGHT_LINE_DISTANCE—Calculates distance based on Euclidean straight-line distance.