How to use
See How to use ArcGIS samples for help on running the sample.
- Start the sample application. The golf.shp shapefile in the sample data is loaded into the Map control.
- Zoom in to a golf course feature on the map.
- Use the Editor menu on the toolbar to start an edit session. The editing controls on the toolbar are enabled.
- Enable the Buffer Snap Agent command, then activate the Sketch tool.
- Hover over an existing feature. The editing circle snaps to a buffer around the feature.
If you installed the samples feature, you will find the files associated with this sample in <Your Developer Kit install location>\DeveloperKit10.4\Java\Samples\ArcObjects.
|editing/EditingApplication.java||Entry point for the sample. It initializes the interop, sets up the user interface (UI), and ensures licensing is valid.|
|editing/BufferSnapAgent.java||Contains the code to implement a custom snap agent that snaps to a buffered distance around a feature.|
|editing/EnableSnappingCommand.java||Contains the code to implement a command that enables and disables the custom snap agent.|
|Development licensing||Deployment licensing|
|Engine Developer Kit||Engine|
|ArcGIS for Desktop Standard|
|ArcGIS for Desktop Advanced|