Location Referencing includes four setups. During each of the installations, you can choose to install the products for which you have licenses.
Location Referencing Desktop
- ArcGIS Pipeline Referencing Desktop
- ArcGIS Roads and Highways Desktop
Location Referencing Server
- ArcGIS Pipeline Referencing Server
- ArcGIS Roads and Highways Server
- ArcGIS ArcGIS Event Editor web app
- ArcGIS Roadway Reporter web app
Mapping and Charting Solutions Desktop (for accessing ArcGIS Data Reviewer)
- ArcGIS Production Mapping Desktop (includes ArcGIS Data Reviewer)
ArcGIS Workflow Manager (Classic) Desktop
The ArcGIS Workflow Manager (Classic) extension is included to provide an integration framework for ArcGIS multiuser geodatabase environments.
ArcGIS Location Referencing functionality is now natively available in ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Enterprise, and only requires a license to gain access. If you are using ArcGIS Pro, you do not need to install Location Referencing Desktop (ArcMap) or Location Referencing Server.
- ArcGIS Location Referencing includes many desktop and server extensions.
- Before installing, the same version of ArcGIS Desktop or ArcGIS Enterprise must be installed.
- Review the Desktop or Enterprise system requirements for the extension.
- Administrative privileges are required for installation.
- Download and install the extension. If ArcGIS Pipeline Referencing or ArcGIS Roads and Highways is currently installed on your machine see the upgrading section below for more information. For further details refer to the Desktop or Server installation guides. Optionally you can also click Help on the Installation Wizard dialog box.
- Obtain your software authorization numbers.
The setup is designed to upgrade an existing installation of the software.
Obtaining your software authorization numbers
ArcGIS Pipeline Referencing and ArcGIS Roads and Highways must be authorized for use.
The following license features are included with each product:
|Desktop product||License feature|
Location Referencing (ArcGIS Pro and ArcMap), Production Mapping, Data Reviewer, Workflow Manager (Classic)
|ArcGIS Roads and Highways|
Location Referencing (ArcGIS Pro), Roads and Highways (ArcMap), Production Mapping, Data Reviewer, Workflow Manager (Classic)
|Server product||License feature|
|ArcGIS Roads and Highways|
ArcGIS Production Mapping
ArcGIS Event Editor web app
Does not require a license
Roadway Reporter web app
If needed, your account's primary maintenance contact can obtain authorization numbers for each feature from My Esri. After signing in, click My Organizations > Licensing > Authorizations. Click a product name to obtain its authorization number. Click Show Filter Options to filter the product list. See the ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS Enterprise installation guides for information on authorizing.
For those outside the United States, contact your local distributor for information about your authorization numbers.