You can modify the display type, caption, or image of a command without programming. By default, a command dropped directly onto a toolbar has the display type Image Only, while it has the display type Image and Text when dropped onto a menu. Menu headings can only have the display type Text Only.
Other command properties, such as ToolTip and Message, can only be modified with programming. When you hold the mouse pointer over a command, its ToolTip displays as a short message in a floating yellow box. A command's message displays on the status bar.
- Make sure the toolbar containing the command whose display type you want to change is visible.
- Click the Customize menu and click Customize Mode.
- On the toolbar, right-click the command you want to change.
- Click Default Style to display only the command's image.
- Click Text Only to display only the command's caption.
- Click Image and Text to display both its image and its caption.
- Click Close on the Customize dialog box.