Available with 3D Analyst license.
Move is the 3D editing command for moving selected features horizontally or vertically. By specifying the x,y,z coordinates on the Delta X,Y,Z dialog box, you can move a feature by a precise offset distance. The coordinates you enter are relative to the current position of the feature. For example, if you enter (1, 2, 3), the selected features are moved one unit in x, two units in y, and three units in z. Negative values adjust the feature position in the opposite direction.
Move is supported for points, lines, polygons, and multipatches and works the same in both ArcGlobe and ArcScene.
- Click the Edit Placement button on the 3D Editor toolbar.
- Click the feature you want to move. Hold down the SHIFT key while clicking features to select additional features or drag a selection box.
- Open the Move command by either:
- Clicking the 3D Editor menu and clicking Move.
- Pressing the M key after selecting the features.
- Type in the x,y,z distances using the Delta X,Y,Z coordinate box.
- Press ENTER and the feature is moved by the specified offset.
- Moving a feature in 3D by interactively dragging it
- Rotating a feature in 3D by interactively dragging it
- Scaling a feature in 3D by interactively dragging it
- Using the Edit Sketch Properties window
- Editing 3D features
- Rotating a feature in 3D using the Rotate command
- Scaling a feature in 3D using the Scale command