Available with 3D Analyst license.
Rather than using commands which rely on dialog boxes or menus, you can also edit the position, size, and rotation angle of a feature interactively.
Interactive rotation can be a more efficient workflow to your editing tasks. You combine the function of the Edit Placement tool inside ArcGlobe and ArcScene with specific mouse button clicks (left, middle, or right) and keyboard keys to easily invoke these interactive tools (Move, Rotate, and Scale).
The Edit Placement tool will rotate selected features around the x,y plane.
Interactive rotate is supported for points, polygons, lines, and multipatches.
- Select the feature you want to rotate with the Edit Placement tool.
- To initiate the Rotate tool, press and hold the middle mouse button to interactively rotate the selected features by dragging and using the instant visual feedback to place the feature.
- The 3D Editor toolbar
- Moving a feature in 3D using the Move command
- Rotating a feature in 3D using the Rotate command
- Scaling a feature in 3D using the Scale command
- How to rotate point feature symbology in 3D
- How to apply size to point feature symbology
- Moving a feature in 3D by interactively dragging it
- Scaling a feature in 3D by interactively dragging it
- Using the Edit Sketch Properties window
- Selecting features interactively in ArcGlobe by clicking in the view