Available with 3D Analyst license.
Rather than using commands which rely on dialog boxes or menus, you can also edit the position, size, and rotation angle of a feature interactively.
Interactive resizing can be a more efficient workflow to your editing tasks. You combine the function of the Edit Placement tool inside ArcGlobe and ArcScene with specific mouse button clicks (left, middle, or right) and keyboard keys to easily invoke these interactive tools (Move, Rotate, and Scale).
You can interactively resize the geometry of selected polygons, lines, and multipatches and update the symbol size of point features.
- Select the feature you want to resize with the Edit Placement tool.
- To invoke the Scale tool, press and hold the right mouse button and the SHIFT key.
- Start dragging the pointer to interactively scale the features.
- The 3D Editor toolbar
- Moving a feature in 3D using the Move command
- Rotating a feature in 3D using the Rotate command
- Scaling a feature in 3D using the Scale command
- How to rotate point feature symbology in 3D
- How to apply size to point feature symbology
- Moving a feature in 3D by interactively dragging it
- Rotating a feature in 3D by interactively dragging it
- Using the Edit Sketch Properties window
- Selecting features interactively in ArcGlobe by clicking in the view