The Multinational Geospatial Co-production Program (MGCP) product specification contains several facility type attributes for the building feature classes. These fields address the different types of primary building functions that can be identified. When more than one of these fields is populated, conflicts may result.
The MGCP Validate Facility Type tool searches the selected building features for attribution errors. When features with errors are found, they are the only ones selected when the process is finished.
The values in the following attributes are validated by the MGCP Validate Facility Type tool:
Agricultural Facility Type
Cultural Facility Type
Corrections Facility Type
Commercial Facility Type
Communications Facility Type
Educational Facility Type
Government Facility Type
House of Worship Type
Manufacturing Facility Type
Military Facility Type
Public Accommodation Facility Type
Public Services Facility Type
Research Facility Type
Religious Facility Type
Security Facility Type
Transportation Facility Type
Utility Facility Type
- Start ArcMap.
- Load layers into the table of contents, ensuring that BuildP and BuildA are included.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Editing.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Defense Mapping MGCP Tools.
- Click the Production Start Editing button on the Production Editing toolbar.
- Select one or more building features in the map display.
- Click the MGCP Validate Facility Type button on the Defense Mapping MGCP toolbar.
Once all the features have been processed, a message box appears that notifies you of the number of features with conflicting facility types.
- Click OK.
The building features with facility type errors remain selected in the map display.