The Multinational Geospatial Co-production Program (MGCP) product specification contains several facility type attributes for the building feature classes. These fields address the different types of primary building functions that can be identified. When more than one of these fields is populated, conflicts may result.
The MGCP Populate Facility Type tool automatically populates the remaining building type attributes for building features with a populated facility type. When one facility type is populated, the rest are set to 998 (Not Applicable).
The following attributes are affected by the MGCP Populate Facility Type tool
Agricultural Facility Type
Cultural Facility Type
Corrections Facility Type
Commercial Facility Type
Communications Facility Type
Educational Facility Type
Government Facility Type
House of Worship Type
Manufacturing Facility Type
Military Facility Type
Public Accommodation Facility Type
Public Services Facility Type
Research Facility Type
Religious Facility Type
Security Facility Type
Transportation Facility Type
Utility Facility Type
- Start ArcMap.
- Load layers into the table of contents, ensuring that BuildP and BuildA are included.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Editing.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Defense Mapping.
- Click the Production Start Editing button on the Production Editing toolbar.
- Select one or more building features in the map display.
- Click the Update tab on the Manage Features window.
- Change a value for one of the facility type fields.
- Click Apply.
- Click the MGCP Populate Facility Type button on the Defense Mapping MGCP toolbar.
A message box appears for each building feature in the selection. If there are features that do not have any facility types defined, the message box notifies you that the feature is going to be skipped.
- Click OK.
A message box appears once all the features have been processed to notify you of the number of features that have been updated.
- Click OK.