Database elements are referred to as notes in BSB format. These BSB notes may reference more than one geographic location, called links. BSB notes may have no links, one link, or several links. For an element to be recognized as a BSB note, it needs to have metadata about the note associated with it.
For more information about BSB notes and links, please refer to the BSB Format version 3.0.7.
- Start ArcMap.
- Open the product map document.
- If necessary, click View > Layout View to switch to layout view.
- Click the Select Elements button on the Tools toolbar.
- Select an element, right-click and click Properties from the context menu.
The Properties dialog box appears.
- Click the Element Metadata tab.
- Click the cell next to KappFile and type the KAPP number.
- Click the Category drop-down arrow and choose an option.
- Click the Description drop-down arrow and choose an option.
- Click the Record Type drop-down arrow and click NOTE.
- Once finished, click OK to save the element metadata, and to close the element Properties dialog box.
- Repeat as necessary for other elements that are BSB notes.
- Save the map document by clicking the Save button on the Standard toolbar.