BSB files contain links between notes found in the margins of or inside a chart and a physical location inside the kapp (A BSB kapp is equivalent to a data frame in ArcMap). The Create BSB Links tool allows you to create these links between notes (map elements) that were inserted from the element library and any location in the data frame. The BSB files can then be displayed in an electronic viewer and show the content of the note in a pop-up window when the pointer is hovered over the location of the link.
- Start ArcMap.
- If necessary, click View > Layout View to switch to layout view.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Nautical BSB.
- If necessary, check out the product from the product library.
- Before creating a link, ensure your element has Element Metadata.
For more information see Element Metadata.
- Click the Create BSB Links button on the Nautical BSB toolbar.
- Click the note or map element that you want to link to a location in the data frame.
The mouse pointer changes to the Insert Marker pointer.
- Click a location in the data frame to insert the link.
A link marker element is inserted in the data frame.