The Notes Editor tool allows you to edit notes. Editing a note changes the note's text for all features associated with it. Unless you want to change a note for all its associated features, it is recommended that you add a new note to a feature and delete the unwanted note from it.
- Start ArcMap.
- If necessary, set up the DNC production environment.
- Click the Production Start Editing button on the Production Editing toolbar.
- Select features that have notes you want to edit.
- Click the Notes Editor button on the Nautical DNC toolbar.
The Notes Editor dialog box appears.
- Click a feature ID in the tree on the left side of the Notes Editor dialog box to view notes associated with that feature.
To edit a note, use one of the following options.
To edit a note for a single feature
Right–click the feature in the tree with notes you want to edit and click Add\Edit Note.
To edit a note for multiple features
Right–click the feature class in the tree with notes you want to edit and click Add\Edit Note.
A check box list and a text box become visible in the Notes Editor dialog box.
- In the list in the Notes Editor dialog box, scroll through the notes and click the body of the note you want to edit to select it.
- Right-click the note you selected and click Edit Note.
The note text moves to the bottom text box of the Notes Editor dialog box.
- Modify the text in the bottom text box.
- Click Update.
All features associated with this note will display the updated text.
- Click Cancel to exit note edit mode.