Filtering the list of feature templates allows you to display only certain templates. The templates are not deleted; they are simply hidden on the Create Features window. Templates can be filtered by geometry type, layers, and search terms you enter.
When you use a search to limit the feature templates shown on the Create Features window, it looks for keywords in any of these feature template properties: name, tags, description, or target layer. The feature template search uses AND logic. For example, if you search for fire stations, only feature templates containing both words, fire and stations, are displayed.
- To filter templates based on the results of a search, type a term in the Filter Templates <Search> box and click Search . If you already have a filter in place, the search only looks in the currently displayed templates.
The templates that match your search terms are displayed. If no templates were found, click Clear Search and try it again.
- To filter templates by type or layer, click the Arrange Templates button on the Create Features window, point to Filter By, then click how you want to filter the templates.
- Click the type of layer, such as Point, Line, or Polygon, to show only templates of that type.
- Click Layers to show templates from only certain layers. Click the layers to display and click OK.
- To remove all filtering and display all templates, click Show All Templates.