The Clip button can be used with any raster, mosaic, or image service layer to create a clipped layer using
- The data view extents
- A selected polygon graphic
- A selected polygon feature within a feature class layer
- To view the Image Analysis window, click Windows on the Main menu and click Image Analysis.
- Click a layer in the Image Analysis window.
- Optionally select a polygon feature within a feature class layer or select a polygon graphic.
- Click the Clip button .
By default, the input is clipped to the data view extents; otherwise, it is clipped to the selected feature or graphic. The clipped output is added as a temporary layer to the table of contents.
The Clip function is added to the temporary layer.