Available with Standard or Advanced license.
You can resize the geometry of feature representations by stretching them interactively or specifying an exact scaling ratio. Representation symbology will be dynamically reapplied to feature representations after they are resized.
Many representation rule properties can be resized using the Resize tool .
Resizing representation geometry
You can resize feature representation geometry using either the Select tool or the Resize tool .
Using the Select tool, you can select any combination of whole feature representations. A rectangular bounding box is drawn around the limits of the selection. You can interactively drag the bounding box handles to enlarge or reduce the selected feature representations within the box.
The Resize tool will only let you interact with one category of feature at a time—that is, they must all share the same representation rule—but this tool has some benefits over simply stretching with the Select tool. You can resize geometry and representation symbology simultaneously, and it also provides you with an option to scale geometry and representation properties by an exact ratio rather than interactively. If multiple feature representations are selected, you can choose between resizing the entire selection from the anchor point (which is at the center of the entire selection by default) or resizing each feature individually from its own center.
How to resize representation geometry
- In an edit session, select one or more feature representations with the Select tool or the Lasso Select tool on the Representation toolbar.
- Move the pointer over one of the handles on the perimeter of the bounding box until it changes to a two-way arrowhead: or .
- Click and drag a handle to resize the bounding box. The selected feature representations are proportionally resized as well.
Resizing representation properties
Representation rules can contain properties that can be interactively resized with the Resize tool . A check box will appear next to these properties on the Tools tab of the Representation Properties window when the Resize tool is active.
How to resize representation properties
- In an edit session, select one or more feature representations using the Select tool or the Lasso Select tool on the Representation toolbar.
- Click the Resize tool .
- Click the Tools tab on the Representation Properties window to see a list of representation rule properties of the selected feature representations that can be resized with the Resize tool .
- Check the properties and/or geometry that you want to resize.
- Click and drag to resize the checked properties and/or geometry.