Available with 3D Analyst license.
The Rotate command allows you to rotate selected features by an exact angle of rotation which you specify using the Angle dialog box. The angle is applied relative to the feature's current orientation, with positive numbers rotating clockwise and negative numbers rotating counterclockwise. There are many cases where your data isn't oriented properly and needs to be rotated, such as a 3D building model that needs to face toward the river.
Rotate is supported for points, lines, polygons, and multipatches and works the same in both ArcGlobe and ArcScene.
- Click the Edit Placement button on the 3D Editor toolbar.
- Click the feature you want to rotate. Hold the SHIFT key while clicking features to select additional features or drag a selection box.
- Access Rotate by either:
- Clicking 3D Editor > Rotate.
- Pressing the R key after selecting the features.
The Angle dialog box appears, and you can type the desired rotation angle.
- Moving a feature in 3D by interactively dragging it
- Rotating a feature in 3D by interactively dragging it
- Scaling a feature in 3D by interactively dragging it
- Using the Edit Sketch Properties window
- Editing 3D features
- Moving a feature in 3D using the Move command
- Scaling a feature in 3D using the Scale command