Available with 3D Analyst license.
You can interactively create new 3D features (points, lines, polygons, and multipatches) in ArcScene and ArcGlobe within a 3D edit session. To create 3D features, your feature class should be z-aware. In most cases, the z-units should be the same as the x,y-units. For more information on how to create z-aware feature classes, see the following topic on Defining geometry properties for feature classes.
If your feature class is not z-aware, you can still interactively create features, but your features will not be able to store height information.
To interactively create new features in ArcScene or ArcGlobe, follow these steps:
- Add the feature class you want to create new 3D features for.
- Click 3D Editor on the 3D Editor toolbar and click Start Editing.
- Choose the feature template that you want to edit from the Create Features window.
- Use the Construction Tools on the bottom of the Create Features window to start creating new edits.
- When you are finished editing, click 3D Editor and click Save Edits to save your newly created 3D features.
- Click 3D Editor and click Stop Editing.