The Bathymetry Information System (BIS) geodatabase stores your composite surface models and allows you to load them into the Compose Surface window using the Load Surface Model tool. This tool allows you to select the specific surface model you want to load. If you are working with an archive-enabled, versioned enterprise geodatabase, you can also load older versions of a surface model to review the dataset display configurations. The older versions of a surface model are read-only but can be saved as a new surface model using the Save Surface Model As tool.
- Start ArcMap.
- Click Customize > Toolbars > Bathymetry on the main menu to activate the Bathymetry toolbar if necessary.
Click the Compose Surface button on the Bathymetry toolbar.
The Compose Surface window appears.
- Click the Load Surface Model button at the top of the Compose Surface window.
The Load Surface Model dialog box appears. A list of saved surface models and basic metadata for the surface model is displayed.
- Optionally click the Version drop-down arrow and select the specific version of the surface model you want to view.
- Select the surface model that you want to load into the Compose Surface window.
- Click Load to load the selected surface model into the Compose Surface window.
Surface rules and datasets associated with the surface model appear in the Compose Surface window. A temporary mosaic dataset is generated from the surface model, added to the Table Of Contents window in ArcMap, and displayed in the active data frame.