Available with Production Mapping license.
Whenever you have a new combination of attribute values that you want to use to populate the feature-level metadata fields, you need to create a new metadata favorite. When you copy a metadata favorite, the new favorite has the same values as the copied favorite. Once a metadata favorite is copied, you need to change the attributes of that favorite.
- Start ArcMap.
- Load data in the map if necessary.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Editing.
- Click the Production Start Editing button on the Production Editing toolbar.
- Click the Metadata tab on the Manage Features window.
- Right-click the Metadata tab and ensure that the Use FCT Metadata option is checked.
- Click to choose a metadata favorite in the Metadata Favorites list.
The attributes saved in the metadata favorite and the attribute values appear in the Metadata Attributes window.
- Right-click the metadata favorite, then click Copy Favorite.
A new metadata favorite is added to the Metadata Favorites list.
The name of the favorite is the same as the one that has been copied, with Copy appended to the end of the name. The attribute values for the favorite are the same as the values of the feature from which it has been copied.